Friday, November 17, 2017

Pages from the Past: "Beautiful in its Time"

From 2011? While on Retreat.


Look for the beautiful; for what is “fitting in its time”: it reveals God, it shows his fingerprints, his presence, his “it is good” from the Creation account spoken right there in my day. It can teach me to discern his messages, his directives, his desires.

John Paul II seems to have said somewhere words to the effect that people, the real people I encounter an live with, are the “place” God relates to me. They communicate his will for me, moment by moment.


The direction of this retreat seems to be on learning (practicing) to receive and appreciate beauty in whatever its form (loveliness, an act of service or goodness, mercy, creativity, generosity, good news…) as a way of coming to learn God’s language.




"Pages from the Past" are randomish excerpts from my old journals. I process things in writing, so there were a lot of volumes, but here and there I found notes that were still pertinent or helpful. I got rid of the books (hello, shredder!) and typed up the things I wanted to save, whether for myself (mostly) or to share. 

No comments: