Friday, March 30, 2018

Pages from the Past: Good Friday

“Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me to drink?” There is a whole revelation in that question, above all how it shows that in the “cup” Jesus saw the Father; in drinking it, as if from the Father’s own hand, he was commending his spirit to the Father. It was his trust in the Father that enabled him to drink it at all.

So it is my hope to receive this disposition (and the “mind of Christ”) and to acquire that spirit of trust and faith that does not focus on the external circumstance, but on the present One behind the externals, that he will live that trust “to the end” in me.




"Pages from the Past" are randomish excerpts from my old journals. I process things in writing, so there were a lot of volumes, but here and there I found notes that were still pertinent or helpful. I got rid of the books (hello, shredder!) and typed up the things I wanted to save, whether for myself (mostly) or to share.

No comments: